httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Stephen Hardisty" <shardi...@messagelabs.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Authentication problems
Date Thu, 11 Dec 2003 16:59:55 GMT
Howdy,
I'm trying to get basic authentication working but when I go to the site, I'm not prompted
for a username or password. I have the following entry in my config:

<Directory /var/www/html/blah>
	AllowOverride AuthConfig
	AuthUserFile /var/www/html/blah/.htpasswd
	AuthName "Blah login"
	AuthType Basic
	require valid-user
	order deny,allow
</Directory>

No matter what I put in here (and I've tried loads of combinations), nothing happens. I'm
going to have a fit soon I think. Is there anything that turns off authentication or am I
just doing something dumb? FYI, I'm using Apache 2.0.40.

Hope you guys can help.

Cheers!

http://www.messagelabs.com