httpd-users mailing list archives

From "David Gewirtz" <da...@ZATZ.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Q: Win2K Server spike?
Date Wed, 10 Dec 2003 20:53:04 GMT
Yeah, we've certainly got test systems, but reinstalling ALL of our
server software's a monster project. I'm prepared to do that, just hate
to, if there's an easy answer. I'm gathering we're getting into the
"sh*t happens" category, and that means just back to standard
diagnostics.

Thanks for the helpful ideas!

-- David

-----Original Message-----
From: Steven Pierce [mailto:pagedev1@speakeasy.net]
Sent: Wednesday, December 10, 2003 2:38 PM
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: RE: [users@httpd] Q: Win2K Server spike?

David,

I would agree that it is something to be concerned with.  Do you have
access to a second machine?  I am wondering if there is not a
problem with 2K? I am running 2K also, but at times I get the system
running fine, and then all of sudden it will go off into la-la land.
Not running Apache, but with other things.
Do you have access to a machine like XP, or one that has a
fresh (only O/S) install of 2k?  That you could try this
on?  That would give us the information that is either a Machine issue,
or an O/S issue.  I know that it is kind of a long shot.

Steven