httpd-users mailing list archives

From "David Gewirtz" <da...@ZATZ.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Q: Win2K Server spike?
Date Tue, 09 Dec 2003 20:52:08 GMT
Hi all. I've been running Apache for quite some time, and yesterday got
to work and noticed that Apache wasn't responding to requests. It
appears to be spiking, using 100% CPU utilization, and holding there for
minutes at a time. At first, I thought this was due to a new chunk of
PHP code I'd implemented, so I pulled that out. The 100% stall still was
happening.

I finally closed the service and launched Apache from the DOS window.
Now utilization is hovering always at less than 15%.
When I close the DOS app version of Apache and relaunch the service, it
freaks out at 100% again. So the problem seems to be related to the
service.

The weird thing: I've been running this config as a service for six
months now, with no problem. Does anyone have any idea how I can fix it
so the service runs again?

Here are some vital stats: Windows 2000, latest Windows updates applied,
virus checked (and checked since this problem started, just in case),
Apache 1.3.27, PHP 4.3.2, Athlon XP 2500, 1GB RAM, also running MySQL
and Perl. Connection is a T-1, no particular spikes in traffic.

Thanks in advance,
David