httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Jason Chinnes" <Ja...@ITONCALL.NET>
Subject [users@httpd] Apache 1.3 (Win32) timeout reading from socket to same child
Date Fri, 05 Dec 2003 11:59:07 GMT
I am running Apache/1.3.28 (Win32) with mod_php4 (SAPI), mod_perl, and
tomcat.  No matter what module I use, I can not read any data from a
socket that is opened to the host machine.  I have given to examples
that illustrate what I'm trying to accomplish.  In short, a user makes a
request to test.php or test.pl which, in turn, make their own request
and pass the output back to the user.  Both versions work when they
connect to a different host.  They also work when I set apache's
MaxRequestsPerChild to 1 and request a local file.  In both cases, I am
able to connect, and make the request.  Apache's access.log shows that
it's ip made the request.  When I try to read the response, both scripts
hang and eventually time out.  I have found nothing online that has
mentioned this behavior.  Has anyone had a similar experience?

--- test.php ---
<?php
$fp = fsockopen ("127.0.0.1", 80, $errno, $errstr, 30);
fputs ($fp, "GET / HTTP/1.0\r\n"
            . Host: 127.0.0.1\r\n\r\n");
while (!feof($fp)) echo fgets ($fp,128);
fclose ($fp);
?>

--- test.pl ---
use CGI;
use Data::Dumper;
use HTTP::Request;
use LWP::UserAgent;

my $q = new CGI;
$ua = new LWP::UserAgent;
print $q->header;	# create the HTTP header
$request = new HTTP::Request GET => 'http://127.0.0.1'; $response =
$ua->request($request); print $response->content;