httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Sutton, Brent" <Brent.Sut...@usa.xerox.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Redhat Linux > Apache 1.3.27 > reverse Proxy > Exchange 2000 OWA
Date Thu, 18 Dec 2003 14:15:26 GMT
Carl,

The problem we found was that the OWA2K uses static URLs (big mistake) in
the code.  Could not believe that MS did this! The workaround for us was
utilize split DNS so that the reverse proxy would be able to resolve the
internal URL of the OWA2K server.  Something to try.

Plus, Apache 1.3.x does not support HTTP 1.1.  So if you are trying to take
advantage of that you are in trouble.

Brent

-----Original Message-----
From: Carl Barton [mailto:chbarton@phrihawaii.org]
Sent: Wednesday, December 17, 2003 5:39 PM
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: RE: [users@httpd] Redhat Linux > Apache 1.3.27 > reverse Proxy >
Exchange 2000 OWA

Additional info for the problem I am having.  I did a little further testing
because
of something I remeber reading in a archived listserv post (I don't remeber
where
though).  I attempted to access OWA through my Apache reverse proxy server
using
an older browser.  I choose Mozilla 1.0.1 and to my suprise it worked.  From
what
I remeber this old post said it would probably work with the old IE 5 too,
but I
haven't been able to test with that.  If I remeber correctly the post I read
said
OWA automatically detects older browsers and sends a simpler version of the
OWA
(just html and javascript) out, and the reverse proxy has no trouble with
this
data.  For some reason when IE 6 is used the reverse proxy does not properly
pass the information correctly.  Anyone seen this before?

Thanks for any help that can be given....Carl