httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Suman, Kaushik" <ksu...@ebay.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] NAT and access_log
Date Fri, 05 Dec 2003 17:49:55 GMT
Hi,

	A firewall can be configured to do HALF NAT or FULL NAT.
	In case of FULL NAT, it will change both the source address and the dest address.

suman

-----Original Message-----
From: Aaron W Morris [mailto:aaronmorris@mindspring.com]
Sent: Friday, December 05, 2003 9:45 AM
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: Re: [users@httpd] NAT and access_log

ilacosta@riu.es wrote:
> Hello,
>
> we've configured a web server behind a Firewall doing NAT, but, as we
> expected, the access log only shows the firewall's IP for any request. Is
> there any configuration to solve this issue?
>
> Thanks in advance !
>
> Ignacio Lacosta.

That sounds very strange.  If it is a NAT firewall, the only thing it
should change when incoming packets traverse it is the destination
address.  The connection should still have the correct source address.
If it changed the source address, I do not think the setup would work at
all.

Anyway, Apache is just reporting what it sees, so it's probably an issue
with your firewall.