httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Robert Andersson" <rob...@profundis.nu>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] No login challenge
Date Tue, 30 Dec 2003 13:33:51 GMT
Ted wrote:
> When I turn on security by adding Authentication per Apache 2.0
> documentation, I cannot get Apache to issue a login challenge window.

When you issue a request for a protected resource, is it delivered (without
challenge) or do you get an error message? Is there anything related in the
error log?

> Help would be appreciated.

It is not very easy to do without knowing anything except "doesn't work";
it's like "my car doesn't work, tell me what's wrong with it" (without
hands-on access!).

Please give some more bits of information:
- What Apache and OS version
- Exactly what you tried to do (configurationwise)
- Exactly what you expected to happen
- Exactly what actually did happen. Also excerpts from logs etc.
- Anything that might be "odd" with your config, such as rewrite rules,
   aliases, redirects etc.

Regards,
Robert Andersson