httpd-users mailing list archives

From Marty Landman <MLand...@face2interface.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Apache (Win32) consoole window
Date Fri, 05 Dec 2003 20:17:03 GMT
At 02:48 PM 12/5/2003, Edwin Humphries wrote:
>Is it possible to run Apache Win32 in a hidden console Window, or without
>a console
>window at all - just as a process?

That's the way Apache2 runs on my XP home ed. (sp1) box.

administrative tools > component services > apache2 > properties

path to executable -> "E:\Apache Group\Apache2\bin\Apache.exe" -k runservice
startup type -> automatic

It's been a little while since I d/l'd and installed from the apache
website on my xp box but I'm sure it was real easy, or I never would've
gotten this far. :)

hth,

Marty Landman   Face 2 Interface Inc 845-679-9387
Sign On Required: Web membership software for your site