httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Robert Andersson" <rob...@profundis.nu>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Limiting the number of accesses per directory
Date Tue, 23 Dec 2003 13:13:49 GMT
Robert Mena wrote:
> I am facing a problem where a user's page
> (mydomain.com/~login) is too popular taking as much as
> 90% of the free daemons of my apache 1.3.X [...]
>
> I'd like to know what can I do to prevent that.

What exactly is it you want to prevent? You are saying that this "page" is
taking 90% of the _free_ children; how do you determine this and why does it
matter?

If you rather meant that it is taking 90% of all children ("slots"), you may
want to turn off Keep-Alive or lower the timeout, but that depends very much
on the nature of this "page".

> Besides mod_bandwidth what would you recommend ?

mod_throttle?

Regards,
Robert Andersson