httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Carsten P. Gehrke" <Cars...@rollinghorse.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] CGI script executing twice
Date Mon, 15 Dec 2003 18:24:23 GMT
At 05:34 15-12-03, you wrote:
>"Carsten P. Gehrke" wrote:
>
> > BTW, I find it odd that the POST entry in your logs comes before the
> > GET.  Your static HTML page states the form method to be GET, so that is
> > what a browser would use.
>
>The reason you saw the get is I changed the form from POST to GET to see
>what would happen.  All it did was give me 2 Gets, but then I was
>thinking about it and figured started thinking about the templet file my
>script was reading and printing around it's dynamic output.  There is a
>lot of java script in there and I was wondering if that was making it
>reload, so I commented out the parts that read in the templet with all
>the java script and low and behold problem solved :)  Now all I need to
>do is figure out why the java script is making my script reload and how
>to stop it.
>
>Here is a link to just the templet file with out any of the dynamic data
>from the script in case anyone cares to look at java script.
>
>http://cdw.homelinux.com:8086/Cart.html
>
>--
>Chris Woodhouse

OK, now I'm confused.  What you are saying is that the above file
(Cart.html) is what your addToCart.pl script reads in, and you changed the
Perl script to prevent that.  Now you do not see the extra GET in your
logs, but your output doesn't have all the fancy stuff around it,
right?  If you didn't change the JavaScript, then it still doesn't make
sense.  I see nothing in the existing JavaScript that would cause the page
to reload.  What does your Perl script look like?

BTW, when I ran my telnet tests your script still produced the template
around the dynamic output, so you must not have made the changes at that
time.  Could you check the log files to see if the were two GET entries at
the time I was testing (Mon, 15 Dec 2003 07:49:03 GMT)?  I only sent one
GET request, so the server only got one from me.  If there are two, then
most likely the browsers aren't at fault.

BTWA, your script seems to output a superfluous "Content-Type" header.

--
Rolling Horse Ranch Technical Services                 Carsten P. Gehrke
          Custom software solutions using open source technology