httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Carsten P. Gehrke" <Cars...@rollinghorse.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] CGI script executing twice
Date Mon, 15 Dec 2003 17:54:57 GMT
At 05:34 15-12-03, you wrote:
>"Carsten P. Gehrke" wrote:
>
> > BTW, I find it odd that the POST entry in your logs comes before the
> > GET.  Your static HTML page states the form method to be GET, so that is
> > what a browser would use.
>
>The reason you saw the get is I changed the form from POST to GET to see
>what would happen.  All it did was give me 2 Gets, but then I was
>thinking about it and figured started thinking about the templet file my
>script was reading and printing around it's dynamic output.  There is a
>lot of java script in there and I was wondering if that was making it
>reload, so I commented out the parts that read in the templet with all
>the java script and low and behold problem solved :)  Now all I need to
>do is figure out why the java script is making my script reload and how
>to stop it.
>
>Here is a link to just the templet file with out any of the dynamic data
>from the script in case anyone cares to look at java script.
>
>http://cdw.homelinux.com:8086/Cart.html
>
>--
>Chris Woodhouse

Argh!  When I saw the result page (after selecting 1 CD from song2.html), I
looked through the JavaScript for an "onLoad" action, or something else
that might cause the page to be reloaded.  You must have removed the extra
code just before I looked...

Anyway, telnet makes a nice tool for tetsing Web servers (and
scripts).  You always know exactly what is being sent to the server, and
what the server sends back.

--
Rolling Horse Ranch Technical Services                 Carsten P. Gehrke
          Custom software solutions using open source technology