httpd-users mailing list archives

From Russ Brucks <Ru...@kfoc.net>
Subject [users@httpd] How does apache determine when to display the content of a web pa ge?
Date Thu, 18 Dec 2003 19:56:40 GMT

I have an apache server running on SuSE linux which servers up a home grown
PHP/MySQL reporting app.  My app uses a javascript to display a "Query in
progress" <div> while long queries run.  Once the page loaded the script
would hide the "progress" <div> and display the resulting loaded page.

Since migrating my app to a SuSE box it appears the apache server doesn't
deliver the content until ALL processing is complete.  Therefore the user
submits a query and stares at the submit page while the query runs.  Once
all processing is complete, apache then displays the results:  a brief flash
of the "Query in progress" <div> followed by the actual results.

I've done a line by line comparison of the httpd.conf and php.ini files
between the RedHat install (which works as expected) and the SuSE install
(which annoyingly does the above) to no avail.  Is there some compile time
configuration that could be causing this behavior?  I'm really at a loss at
this point.  Any help will greatly be appreciated.

A little more background.  I'm running apache 1.3 on both boxes.  I've tried
it with 1.3 and 2 on the SuSE box with the same results.  Thanks in advance
for any help rendered.

-Russ Brucks