httpd-users mailing list archives

From "#LIU HAIFENG#" <lhaif...@pmail.ntu.edu.sg>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] apache2 and win2K RE: [users@httpd] repost theweird problem ---apache test fail
Date Tue, 09 Dec 2003 10:56:21 GMT
Hi chris,

I have tried your build Apache_2.0.48-Openssl_0.9.7c-Win32.zip on two pcs, both are operated
by windows2000, one with mcafee firewall installed and another without the firewall.  Apache
worked on the one without firewall but failed on the one with firewall (even disabled).  I
am still not sure if the problem is dependent on the installed firewall software.

Really apericate your help on the problem!

Haifeng

________________________________

From: hunter [mailto:theantigod@sympatico.ca]
Sent: Mon 12/8/2003 9:46 PM
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: Re: [users@httpd] apache2 and win2K RE: [users@httpd] repost theweird problem ---apache
test fail

On Mon, 2003-12-08 at 04:59, #LIU HAIFENG# wrote:
> Any clues on installation of apache2 (I have tried apache_2.0.44, apache_2.0.47 and apache_2.0.48)
 into a Win2000 PC?  I noticed in the archive that the same problem has happened before, but
got no answer.  Is this a  bug?  I am preferreing apache2 because of I am using mod_perl2.

> ________________________________

of Apache 1.3.29.  It seems that Apache2 doesn't work fine with win2k.

> Haifeng Liu

Liu,

I have Apache2 installed on several thousand Win2K machines and I do not
experience the problem you are having. I grant you that my setup is not
what 'comes out of the box' but it is a simple implementation. I do not
think your problem is OS dependent nor do I feel there is anything wrong
with Apache2.

I don't have an answer for you, from the information that we have
learned.

Could you possibly make your installation available - zip it up and let
me download it - to see if I can see what is wrong?

Or perhaps you could try this...

1. Download one of my builds - http://tor.ath.cx/~hunter/apache
2. Unzip it into the directory 'c:\apache'
3. In a console go to 'c:\apache\bin' and run 'apache -k install'
4. Then run 'net start apache2'

Do not change anything in 'httpd.conf' and it should start and you
should be able view the test page.

We could at least find a place to start from. If this does not work then
you need to look somewhere else for the solution - firewall, etc.

-Chris