httpd-users mailing list archives

From Brian Dessent <br...@dessent.net>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Authentication ignored issue
Date Wed, 31 Dec 2003 20:09:35 GMT
"Tom Holmes Jr." wrote:

> I tried the following:
>
> <Directory "C:\\web\\jakarta-tomcat-4.1.29\\webapps\\test">
> AuthUserFile  c:\\web\\Apache2\\password\\passwords
>
> and I tried as you suggested:
>
> <Directory "C:/web/jakarta-tomcat-4.1.29/webapps/test">
> AuthUserFile  c:/web/Apache2/password/passwords
>
> Each time I stopped and then res-started Apache and I still have the same
> problem ... the dialog box for username and password does not open up.

And you're requesting a file that's in that directory?  What are you
testing this with?

You should also try it in a Location container.  The location container
takes precedence over Directory containers, based on the order they are
evaluated.  It might be that the above statements are being overridden
by something else in your config file, but it's hard to know without
seeing the file.

Brian