httpd-users mailing list archives

From "jalil@securia.com" <ja...@securia.com>
Subject [users@httpd] handler lifecycle
Date Tue, 30 Dec 2003 19:28:50 GMT
I am new to Apache and am using mod_python. I appreciate any help with
the following questions:

1. How does Apache load/unload handlers when multiple requests arrvie. I
have read that a process is created for every request. So, does Apache
create a process (or is it a thread?) and then calls to the handler each
time a request comes in?

2. Anyway to keep some state around b/w calls to a handler? For example,
how one can keep a pool of database connections for an application
written in mod_python or mod_perl or any other similar modules?

Thanks,

-Jalil