httpd-users mailing list archives

From Jerry Ford <jf...@katzenjammer.us>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] New List member Problem
Date Sun, 28 Dec 2003 18:14:24 GMT
Eric:

If you just installed Apache and have made no changes to your
httpd.conf, GET and POST are already enabled. You have to modify the
default httpd.conf to *disallow* them.

But you do have to configure Apache for CGI before it will permit access
to your external script. For more information, look here:

http://httpd.apache.org/docs/howto/cgi.html#configuringapachetopermitcgi

(That's for Apache 1.3.x; if you use 2.0, back up
http://httpd.apache.org and look for similar information in the 2.0 docs.)

Jerry