httpd-users mailing list archives

From Brian Dessent <br...@dessent.net>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] exit on signal 11
Date Sat, 20 Dec 2003 20:48:44 GMT
Almi wrote:

> Hello users-help,
>
>   I  have  apache  1.3.29  on  FreeBSD  4.8-RELEASE, mod_ssl (2.8.16),
>   mod_php4 (v. 4.3.4), mod_perl (v. 1.26), mod_fastcgi (v. 2.2.12) and
>   about 150 sites on the server.
>
>   The  problem is that server regularly "exits on signal 11" or 10. :(
>   It does it more often when it is overloaded (at the daytime).
>
>   here are /var/log/messages:

Signal 11 can indicate bad hardware.  If this is an Intel x86 box then
go to http://www.memtest86.com/ and let that run for a while to see if
you have any questionable RAM.  That may not be very practical for a
live server though unless you have a spare.  You could also try
methodically swapping each DIMM with a known-good one and see if it
makes any difference.

Brian