httpd-users mailing list archives

From Brian Dessent <br...@dessent.net>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Remote reboot?
Date Sat, 20 Dec 2003 03:18:19 GMT
Jason wrote:

> Is there a way to remote reboot an apache server?  I'm using Apache 2.x
> on winxp which shouldn't make any difference.  I use my server on a
> non-monitor box (access everything over the network/intranet) and would
> like to be able to remotely reboot/restart apache without having to
> physically be at the apache box.

You could install sshd and then ssh into the box remotely and issue the
'shutdown -r now' command, just as with unix.  Cygwin is one (free) way
to accomplish this, I'm sure there are others.  I'm pretty sure MS's
terminal services provides something similar, but I think MS only
includes it with the server versions of its OSs.

Brian