httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Chris Groenewald [Striata]" <chr...@striata.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Apache 1.3.27 + freeBSD: CGI Big file upload problem.
Date Wed, 17 Dec 2003 11:13:09 GMT
Hello,

I'm having a problem with a file upload on a web form using a perl
script on a freeBSD box. The script is rather old and stable, and works
like a dream on our windows and linux servers using apache.

However, on this freeBSD box you can't upload a file bigger than about
350bytes (varies), although there is no problem uploading smaller files,
and it works like it should in that case.

CGI simply takes you back to the script without any post variables.
Calling cgi_error() gives me "400 Malformed Multipart Post".
Nothing shows up in the apache error logs (set to debug).

I suspected a bug may have been introduced in newer CGI.pm modules, so I
made the bsd server use the same ver as the linux(working) one. That is
not the problem.

By editing the script a little I'm assured that it never gets called
before the error occurs. So I'm infering that the problem is in either
Apache or CGI.

I've looked at LimitRequestBody and Similair LimitRequest* settings. It
is not them.

Any help on this problem would be appreciated, most every technical
person in the office has had a session trying to figure this out. But we
just can't find it!

Thanks,
* Chris Groenewald *
Programmer