httpd-users mailing list archives

From Bill Moran <wmo...@potentialtech.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Possible internal external conflict?
Date Tue, 16 Dec 2003 18:42:45 GMT
Kent Healey wrote:
>>I am able to run apache 2.0 on my Windows XP pro BOX, and I have
>>successfully installed the software so when I go to my domain.
>>Gamerspec.com
>>whatever I have in HTDocs loads properly.
>>
>>But when I try to do this from the outside, I get no page found errors.
>>
>>For testing purposes I have my firewall disabled and my wireless router is
>>listening to port 80.
>>
>>What are most common problems when a page can load from the host and not
>
>>from the outside.

What errors?  Really, what error, _exactly_?

The exact error is usually a clear pointer to the problem.  "no page found"
sounds like a Microsoftism that prevents you from seeing the real error and
thus makes it more difficult to diagnose the problem.

Scroll to the bottom of the error page, an HTTP error should have a number.
This will help you track down the problem.

Also, what's in your Apache logs?  Did you check the Apache error log?  Did
you check the access log to see if you're even reaching your server?  It
could be a DNS problem and have nothing to do with Apache.

--
Bill Moran
Potential Technologies