httpd-users mailing list archives

From Chris W <chri...@cox.net>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] CGI script executing twice
Date Mon, 15 Dec 2003 17:51:03 GMT
"Carsten P. Gehrke" wrote:

> Argh!  When I saw the result page (after selecting 1 CD from song2.html), I
> looked through the JavaScript for an "onLoad" action, or something else
> that might cause the page to be reloaded.  You must have removed the extra
> code just before I looked...
>
> Anyway, telnet makes a nice tool for tetsing Web servers (and
> scripts).  You always know exactly what is being sent to the server, and
> what the server sends back.

I need to try that. . . Anyway I didn't change anything in the Java
Script, all I did was comment out the part of my perl script that read
the templet containing the java script to test and that solved the
problem.  However I still haven't figured out what it is in the Java
Script that is causing the reload (I haven't studied java script yet,
someone gave that to me) In further testing just loading that templet
file by typing the URL http://cdw.homelinux.com:8086/Cart.html in the
browser I get two gets one for just cart.html and one for cart.html?
why the ? is added to the second get I have no idea.  But I think it is
pretty clear that it is not a server side problem. . . I guess I need to
send the info to a java script list now.  Thanks for everyone's help

--
Chris W

"They that can give up essential liberty
to obtain a little temporary safety
deserve neither liberty nor safety."
-- Benjamin Franklin, 1759 Historical Review of Pennsylvania