httpd-users mailing list archives

From Brian Dessent <br...@dessent.net>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] CGI script executing twice
Date Mon, 15 Dec 2003 00:22:57 GMT
Chris W wrote:

> I fixed my html as you suggested and it still does the same thing.  It
> has this behavior with IE, Netscape 7.1, and opera.  With Netscape 4.7 I
> get this. . .
>
>  "POST /cgi-bin/addToCart.pl HTTP/1.0" 200 6521
>  "GET /cgi-bin/? HTTP/1.0" 403 286

If I were you I'd download and install Ethereal and get a packet capture
of the entire browser-server conversation.  Something is obviously wrong
here, but without a capture it's rather like looking for a needle in a
haystack, blindfolded.  THere are precompiled Ethereal binaries for
windows, it's really not terribly hard to do.  You might also try
Mozilla's "live headers" plug-in.  There are doubtless countless other
programs that can achieve the same effect, but Ethereal is the old
standby.

Brian