httpd-users mailing list archives

From Steve Leach <steve.le...@mi-int.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Help, royally stuck!
Date Sun, 14 Dec 2003 01:56:32 GMT

using the following URL: http://localhost/

>At which point, I got the following error:
>Server Error
>The following error occurred:
>Bad URL
>Please contact the administrator.
>

>I've also tried http://127.0.0.1:80, and got the same error.  Also,  I've tried using
my IP address instead of 127.0.0.1 in httpd.conf and in that case, the browser just processed
haflway and then got stuck (i.e. the status
>bar only goes halfway).  I've disabled my firewall, and no other web server is running.
>
>I'm running out of tricks... so if anyone can give me any help that'll be great.
>
>Regards,
>Paul

Servername should not be an address I do not believe. That should be

myhostname.mydomain.extension

--
Best Regards,

Steve Leach