httpd-users mailing list archives

From Fabio Corazza <fabio.cora...@farm.espin.it>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Different ProxyPass protocols within a VirtualHost for certain files
Date Fri, 12 Dec 2003 16:20:42 GMT
Joshua Slive wrote:
> This looks like a job for mod_rewrite:
>
> RewriteEngine On
> RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !.*\.pdf$
> RewriteRule ^/.* https://www.site.com/$1 [P]
> RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} .*\.pdf$
> RewriteRule ^/.* http://www.site.com/$1 [P]

It does pretty seem to be the solution. Sorry, but I don't have a deep
knowledge about mod_rewrite, so your hint had been greatly useful.

Just to be sure I'm not misunderstanding the syntax of your directives
at all, let me resume: you don't rewrite the URI if the file is not a
PDF while if it is you rewrite it in HTTP. The [P] flag means to act as
a proxy just like mod_proxy does.

> Unfortunately, you can only use a single ProxyPassReverse.  You'll
> probably want to use the https version, since it is unlikely that pdfs
> will generate a redirect that requires rewriteing.

Do you mean that, within a VirtualHost instance, I can use only a
RewriteRule directive marked with [P] flag? If I guess right, I'll for
sure use the https one. I'll give a try, nothing wrong with a graceful
restart.

Thank you so much.

KR,
Fabio