httpd-users mailing list archives

From Fabio Corazza <fabio.cora...@farm.espin.it>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Different ProxyPass protocols within a VirtualHost for certain files
Date Fri, 12 Dec 2003 14:16:14 GMT
Boyle Owen wrote:
> You say:
[...]
> These two statements are incompatible and mutually exclusive. It cannot
> work if both these are true...
>
> If I misunderstand, please try to explain again.

They just need the right explanation. I knew there would be
misunderstandings on my request, because (at least to me) it comes a bit
hard to explain, but anyway, I'll try to do my best:

The website running in the IIS is configured both in HTTP and HTTPS, but
when you try to access to the root (e.g. /) it redirects (302) to HTTPS.
This doesn't mean that ALL the content is forced exclusively to HTTPS.

We must configure the Apache to talk in HTTPS with the IIS because,
otherwise, we get the error "This VirtualDirectory can only be viewed
with cryptografic ecc".. something like that.

Some areas (call them so, or files) are only available through HTTP
because the ASP application reads the PDF files from a Database (I
suppose Microsft SQL) which does a binary write to the client, in HTTP!
This is wrong, of course. But it cannot be modified.

So we need to make the Proxy calls in HTTP instead of HTTPS only for PDF
files. Simply I don't know how!

I hope my answer will make the things easier to understand. Otherwise,
let me know again, I'll try to paint some pictures ;-)

Thanks for your time!

KR,
Fabio

--