httpd-users mailing list archives

From Taylor Dondich <tdond...@majiknetworks.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Apache2 Error: Symbolic link not allowed: <path> with mod_vhost_alias
Date Mon, 08 Dec 2003 20:08:45 GMT
I am attempting to use mod_vhost_alias, however, when trying to access a
virtual host, it gives the error: Symbolic link not allowed: and then
the path to the domain in question.  Here's my layout:

VirtualDocumentRoot /virtuals/%2+/%1/public_html
VirtualScriptAlias /virtuals/%2+/%1/cgi-bin

<Directory />
    Options FollowSymLinks
    AllowOverride All
</Directory>

Now, for example, say we pull up example.com, it looks in /virtuals/ for
an example.com.  It exists, but it's a symbolic link to
/home/myuser/virtuals/example.com

It says it cannot follow this.  Both owners of the link and the target
example.com are root.  The default permissions state to allow symbolic
links.  I'm thinking maybe another module or something is overriding
this.  My Server identification statement is:

Apache/2.0.48 (Unix) mod_perl/1.99_11 Perl/v5.8.0 mod_ssl/2.0.48
OpenSSL/0.9.7c DAV/2 JRun/4.0 PHP/4.3.4 Server at ts.netnevada.net Port 80
(Ugly, isn't it?  ;)

Running on Redhat 9.  I've personally compiled each peice of software.

I can attach my httpd.conf if anyone requests it.

If anyone can be of assistance, it'd be much appreciated.

Taylor