httpd-users mailing list archives

From Aaron Morris <aaronmor...@mindspring.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Cache Disable
Date Mon, 01 Dec 2003 18:56:11 GMT

andrelm wrote:
> Hello guys, I think that i am having a problem with a http cache. I have
> an websphere application that make dinamic images and put it at an
> directory site, then a Jsp show it in an html iframe. It´s working well
> when i run it directly at Websphere port 9080, but when i run it at port
> 80 using IBM Http Server redirecting the request to the Websphere the
> image is not reloaded at browser, remmainning the older picture. I saw
> that the picture is being generated correctly at server. I´m suspecting
> that can be a kind of cache directive on IBM Http Server files
> configuration. Does anyone know what can be it? How can I desability the
> Http Server Cache?
>
> Thanks all.

> André Luiz Antunes de Moraes

More than likely, it is the browser that is caching the image.  You need
to setup your application to immediately expire the image so browsers
and proxies will not cache the image.

Also, depending on your setup, IHS may be using different files when
serving content than when you access WAS directly.