httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Robert Andersson" <rob...@profundis.nu>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Default home page other than index.html
Date Fri, 05 Dec 2003 07:57:51 GMT
Steve Smith wrote:
> If I've read the docs correctly I need to use DirectoryIndex to
> define the order of files that will be searched for, to represent the
> home page on a site. Hence if I had "DirectoryIndex a.html b.shtml"
> it would execute a.html unless it wasn't found then it would try b.shtml.
>
> However I still find the site loads index.html so what am I missing?

a) you shouldn't post HTML to the list ;)
b) is the DirectoryIndex directive placed in the correct context, so it
    applies to the directory in question?
c) make sure the filename placed before "index.html" in the list
d) make sure you haven't misspelled the filename. It must match exactly;
    "a.html" won't match "a.htm" for example.

Regards,
Robert Andersson