httpd-users mailing list archives

From Jonas Eckerman <jonas_li...@frukt.org>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Apache 2, Windows & large files
Date Sun, 28 Dec 2003 21:17:02 GMT
>  All tests point to Apache 2 not
>  being able to handle large files on Windows, or having bad default
>  settings at least...

Ok. Something else that may or may not be relevant. Have you tried changing/adding the "EnableSendfile
On|Off" setting in httpd.conf? Could be worth a try.

I do no that I'm serving at least one not too smal file from an Apache2 on WinXP, and so far
noone has complained. Actually, when I temporarily had a few files wich were about 300MBs
each (IIRC) the person who doesnloaded them noted (in a mail) that the server and connection
were pretty fast, so it *is* posible to serve large files with speed with Apache2 on WinXP.

Unfortunatley we have now reached the limit of my relevant knowledge as I normally run web
servers on OS/2, Linux and FreeBSD and have little experience of Apache on WinXP (I do run
two such setups, but they are both rather small and I've never actually tweaked or changed
anything after their initial configuration).

Regards
/Jonas

--
Jonas Eckerman, jonas_lists@frukt.org