httpd-users mailing list archives

From Jonas Eckerman <jonas_li...@frukt.org>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Cannot browse from the internet...
Date Mon, 22 Dec 2003 00:05:50 GMT
On Sun, 21 Dec 2003 18:44:13 -0500, Ola Ogunneye wrote:

>  http://216.49.74.183/feyiola_public/index.php

I see a page that welcomes me to www.Feyiola.com. It has a "today's featured article" wishing
me a happy thanksgiving, and it tells me it's 41 degrees fahrenheit in Washington. Is that
the right page?

The page is also full of broken links (they go to "http://localhost/*").

>  I guess the IP takes you to localhost which is the Apache default
>  page.

I'm not sure what you meen here. "localhost" is usually just a pointer to 127.0.0.1, the loopback
interface. The IP 216.49.74.183 can only take me to "localhost" if I'm on the machine that
has the IP 216.49.74.183, and that machine's got a working loopback interface, and it doesn't
care what IP I connect to when connecting to it.

Regards
/Jonas
--
Jonas Eckerman, jonas_lists@frukt.org