httpd-users mailing list archives

From Jonas Eckerman <jonas_li...@frukt.org>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Cannot browse from the internet...
Date Sun, 21 Dec 2003 15:34:57 GMT
>  Would changing the modem solve my problem? I thought if you can
>  see my Apache installation page, then you can see me?

Changing the modem is highly unlikely to solve the problem if the problem now only is that
we see tha Apache default installation page instead of your own pages.

It is possible there's some other problem as well though, but that problem could be in my
computer rather than your system. The symptom:

When I go to http://216.49.74.183/ I regularly get a connection reset. That is, the connection
is established, but for some reason it breaks before I can get the page. OTH, when I telnet
to port 80 on 216.49.74.183 and manually do a GET / HTTP/1.0 it works perfectly every time.

If I'm the only one that has this problem, the reason probably lies somewhere in my system
or network. If others also has this problem, it might be something that's not right with your
stuff.

Wait... Sniffing time...

I'm really not sure what the problem is, but it does seem to be somehwere in your setup. Sniffing
the conversation with Ethereal shows me I allways do get the page, and directly after the
last byte of the page I get a TCP RESET from your system. I never get or send a TCP FIN.

--
Jonas Eckerman, jonas_lists@frukt.org
http://www.fsdb.org/