httpd-users mailing list archives

From Jonas Eckerman <jonas_li...@frukt.org>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] "Domain masking" -- rewriting without changing browser bar
Date Sun, 21 Dec 2003 13:22:17 GMT
On Sun, 21 Dec 2003 01:57:22 -0800, Roger B.A. Klorese wrote:

>  (Am I correct in assuming I activate mod_proxy via
>  AddModule/LoadModule, add ProxyPass/ProxyPassReverse directives,
>  and I'm in business?

Yes, that's correct.

If the sites (or their links) you're proxying for are slow, or if the traffic to them is high,
you might also want to look at mod_cache. This could help lessen the impact of the scheme.

>  If I do nothing else but that, am I exposing
>  myself to any other sort of proxying?)

Make sure you do *not* turn ProxyRequests On.

Regards
/Jonas
--
Jonas Eckerman, jonas_lists@frukt.org