httpd-users mailing list archives

From André Malo ...@perlig.de>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] RewriteMap script puts newline character in URL
Date Wed, 17 Dec 2003 23:19:22 GMT
* Mark Thias <Mark.Thias@bnpi.com> wrote:

> I'm trying to use a RewriteMap and a RewriteRule for load balancing. I use a
> python script in the RewriteMap to modify the URL but I get a newline
> character in the URL which causes a browser error.
>
> HTTP ERROR: 404 /ctms/%0D Not Found

Well, this is half a windows newline. (CR)
mod_rewrite should recognize it. Can you please file a bugreport regarding
the issue? (That way it doesn't get forgotten) A workaround for now is
described below.

> #!c:\Tools\Python23\python.exe

try adding the -u commandline option, like

#!c:\Tools\Python23\python.exe -u

If it doesn't work, use the -u option in your RewriteMap definition.

>         sys.stdout.flush()  ( if I don't have this, does not remap )

If you're using -u, this line is probably no longer necessary. In particular
it switches the channels (stdin/out/err) to unbuffered and binary handling.

(all untested, as usual ;-)

nd