httpd-users mailing list archives

From Jonas Eckerman <jonas_li...@frukt.org>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Executing CGI Scripts that have no File Extension in Apache 1.3
Date Tue, 16 Dec 2003 21:18:15 GMT
On Tue, 16 Dec 2003 15:07:21 -0800, cebast@bellsouth.net wrote:

>  I have exhausted myself trying to figure out how to get CGI
>  scripts to execute under Apache 1.3 that do not have a file
>  extension.

What operating system?

If you're running a Unix, Linux or similar, the file extension should be quite unimportant,
but make sure the CGI has execute permission for the web server.

What happens when you execute the CGI from the commandline?

>  http://yourserver/cgi-bin/broker?

>  ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/        "/webserver/cgi-bin/"

As long "/webserver/cgi-bin/" is the correct *local* *filesystem* path to the directory where
your CGI is located, that seems fine.

/Jonas

--
Jonas Eckerman, jonas_lists@frukt.org