httpd-users mailing list archives

From <pau...@rogers.com>
Subject Re: Re: [users@httpd] Help, royally stuck!
Date Sun, 14 Dec 2003 18:59:48 GMT
Hey Josh,

Great point.  I checked the error log and found no error messages.  The server seemed to be
running fine.

I'm using Microsoft IE 6.0 right now.  I had the same problem when I tried running IIS instead.
 However, that was resolved when I tried to access http://localhost using Netscape.  Later
I discovered that I need to uncheck the "Automatically Detect Settings" under Tools->Internet
Options->Connections->Lan Settings for IE.  So at least I know I can use IIS.

Now when I tried to run Apache again under the new setting for Microsoft IE I get a different
problem.  No error message this time, it just appears that the IE hangs halfway.  I got a
similar problem using Netscape.

My configuration for the http.conf file is now as follows:

Listen 80
ServerName localhost:80

Man... this is frustrating.  Any help would be great.