httpd-users mailing list archives

From joe angth <joean...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Re: how to pw website and synch with samba and system pw?
Date Thu, 11 Dec 2003 14:37:03 GMT
Depending on what system you are using, there are a couple of ways. I know of a great program
for OpenBSD, mod_auth_bsd, http://www.25thandclement.com/~william/projects/bsdauth.html. There
are simialar ways to do things on a linux box.

-Joe

Joshua Slive <joshua@slive.ca> wrote:

On Wed, 10 Dec 2003, shane c branch wrote:
> Can you suggest resource for reseachign CGI scripts? I know next to
> nothing about implementing them.

Well, a sample script that can be used for this purpose is at
http://home.xnet.com/~efflandt/pub/htpasswd.pl
It is written by a generally trustworthy person, but you should be very
cautious about using cgi scripts that you find on the web, since many of
them have security wholes.

General information about CGI and apache can be found here:
http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.0/howto/cgi.html

Joshua.