httpd-users mailing list archives

From André Malo ...@perlig.de>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Recompiling Without HTTP TRACE
Date Thu, 04 Dec 2003 06:39:32 GMT
* Aaron W Morris <aaronmorris@mindspring.com> wrote:

> Joshua, please give it up.  Your jihad against the idea of disabling
> TRACE well meant, I realize, but utterly foolish.  People are not
> disabling TRACE because they *want* to; the decision has already been
> made.  They *have* to do it.

seems so, yeah :-(

> It is hard enough to fight an idea with hard evidence.  It is a hell of
> a lot harder when all you have is what some guy says on a mailing list
> and a couple of USENET postings (some of which by the same guy).

People (who decide this and who are ahrassing other folks with such stuff)
have to learn it. Joshua's answers are quite authoritative regarding the
issue. If someone doesn't believe it, decides to patch something and doesn't
have the resources to do, he should rethink his aim or pay someone else to do
it ...

nd