httpd-users mailing list archives

From Richard Gration <rich...@zync.co.uk>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Cache Disable
Date Mon, 01 Dec 2003 19:38:01 GMT
On Monday 01 December 2003 18:56, Aaron Morris wrote:
> More than likely, it is the browser that is caching the image.  You need
> to setup your application to immediately expire the image so browsers
> and proxies will not cache the image.

Just thought I'd mention a trick for this. You can construct the img tag so
that the src is "/images/free.jpg?<random number>". This makes browsers (and
maybe caches too) see the image as different. Unix epoch time is a good one
to use for the random number (even though it is not random, it will be
unique)

HTH
Rich