httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Robert Andersson" <rob...@profundis.nu>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] MIME types
Date Mon, 01 Dec 2003 09:35:55 GMT
[plain text, please...]

Christophe Muller wrote:
> We have troubles with standard HTML links to DOC files : most
> of the clients open them correctly, using Word, but some open them
> in plain text into IE.

Any inconsistencies? Do *all* links work correctly for the former clients,
and do *all* links fail for the latter?

Internet Explorer is notorious in how it ignores the MIME-type set by the
server, and tries to be smart (but fails utterly) by interpreting the URI.
However, I don't think this is the case here. Anyway, do check the MIME-type
Apache sends to the illbehaving clients.

Have to ask: do these latter clients have Word/Office (or OpenOffice)
installed?

Regards,
Robert Andersson