httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Lawson.Adam" <Adam.Law...@ftb.ca.gov>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Executing CGI Scripts that have no File Extension in Apache 1.3
Date Tue, 16 Dec 2003 22:16:09 GMT
Another idea- try placing that ScriptAlias config data outside the .c IfModule and comment
out what you have now (assuming you can test it)... I know this works with a perl script...

-Adam

	-----Original Message-----
	From: cebast@bellsouth.net [mailto:cebast@bellsouth.net]
	Sent: Tue 12/16/2003 3:07 PM
	To: cebast@bellsouth.net; Bastnagel, Charlie 475; users@httpd.apache.org
	Subject: [users@httpd] Executing CGI Scripts that have no File Extension in Apache 1.3

	  I have exhausted myself trying to figure out how to get CGI scripts to execute under Apache
1.3 that do not have a file extension. Granted I am brand spanking new at trying to setup
Apache. I inherited this situation when our 2 Web Site Admins left the company. The Browser
keeps asking if I want to download the file when I call it. So by my understanding the Mime
section is not handling it correctly.  I am not sure how to represent a file with no extension
in the AddHandler directive.  If I remove the AddHandler and just use the ScriptAlias no scripts
execute.

	 The CGI in question was written in C by SAS Institute and it is named broker.  I have placed
it in our /webserver/cgi-bin directory where all our other CGI scripts(Perl) are located.
 The other scripts, which are in perl, work fine. I am new to Apache and so hopefully this
is an easy one for you.   Any help or pointer to some other resource would be grateful.

	Here is the test call to this CGI

	 http://yourserver/cgi-bin/broker? <http://yourserver/cgi-bin/broker?>

	Here are the relevant sections from my Apache 1.3 httpd.conf file

	From the section <IfModule mod_alias.c>

	    #
	    # Set ScriptAlias for CGI-BIN Scripts

	    ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/        "/webserver/cgi-bin/"

	    #
	    # Set Options for cgi-bin directory used by Web Applications
	    #

	    <Directory "/webserver/cgi-bin">
	        AllowOverride None
	        Options All MultiViews FollowSymlinks