httpd-users mailing list archives

From agftech lists <li...@agftech.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] apache install on suse 9.0....advice.
Date Wed, 24 Dec 2003 20:39:34 GMT
On Wed, 2003-12-24 at 13:45, Aleksei Wolff wrote:
> I have a few questions I am hoping somebody can help
> answer:
>
> Background info:  I just installed suse 9.0 with
> Apache (Dont know what version).

You don't know what you downloaded? The version number is right there on
the source that you download. Anyway there are ways to handle all your
queries:

> Questions:
>
> 1.  How do I determine what version is installed?

httpd -v

> 2.  How do I determine what mods it has been installed
> with.

httpd -l

> 3.  Where can I look to see if the source is on my
> system someplace?

Where did you download and uncompressed the source? It still should be
there unless you moved it

> 4.  If I download a new source and
> compile/install...is there something I need to do with
> the previous installed version?

You need to stop the apache (prev version) to start the new one that you
installed later because otherwise if the port is 80 on both of them, the
later installed version will not start and will give you an error

> Thank You so much.
>
> Alex-

Aman Raheja
AGF Technologies