httpd-users mailing list archives

From agftech lists <li...@agftech.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Help with installing apache!!! help!
Date Wed, 17 Dec 2003 22:19:09 GMT
Hi
It is always a good idea to let others know the platform and other
details that you are dealing with. It helps to narrow down the problem
faster.
I installed the trio and documented and posted here
http://www.agftech.com/resources/white_papers.html
Works fine for me.

About the problem make sure that you have the DirectoryIndex directive
setup right.

Give us more input on your settings to help you out quicker

Regards
Aman Raheja

On Wed, 2003-12-17 at 15:50, Nicolas Larkin wrote:
>             Thank you all for listening to my woes.  I have tried to
> install the trio of mysql, php and apache server many times through
> different tutorials, but at some point along the way in each tutorial,
> the author becomes incoherent and I cannot go any farther.
>
>             Las time I installed apache and php correctly and when I
> tested it using ‘http://localhost’ in a web browser, the common
> “apache was installed correctly. . blah blah” screen.  Well in that
> tutorial, I could not go any farther, so I uninstalled everything and
> tried over again with a new tutorial which seems really good.
>
>             The problem is that now, when I get to the screen where I
> need to test apache right after installing it using ‘http://localhost’
> in my browser, I only get a page that looks like:
>

> Index of /
>  Name                    Last modified       Size  Description

> [DIR] Parent Directory        01-Jan-1980 00:00      -

> Apache/1.3.23 Server at wosret.lv.cox.net Port 80
>

> … and nothing more.  I have tried installing two different versions of
> apache, but I can’t get the ‘http://localhost’ test to work!
>

> Please help if you can!
>

> -Nicolas-

Aman Raheja