httpd-users mailing list archives

From Matthew Williamson <matt.wi...@virgin.net>
Subject [users@httpd] Virtual Hosts
Date Mon, 15 Dec 2003 23:10:04 GMT
HELP!!!!! Before I go mad!  I Have successfully configured Apache on Red
hat Linux 9, and have named my server www.linuxserver.com.  When I run
this I get my Apache page to tell me that everything is working ok, and
all is well with the world!

It then turns sour when I attempt to set up a virtual host by running
the apacheconf program and filling out all the information for a virtual
host called www.testbox.com. I created a directory for it in
/var/www/html/testbox wrote a test index.html file and saved it to it,
changed the owner so it was me, blew all the permissions open etc, but
it just wont work!  If I am on the internet it actually goes to a
website called www.testbox.com!  So i guess i have something wrong in
the way I am directing the request?

Please help as the instructions are to simple and I can't believe it
wont work

Best regards

Matt(a soon to be ex linux convert at this rate!!