httpd-users mailing list archives

From Ricky Boone <whipl...@planetfurry.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Building Apache 2.0.48 (with openssl and zlib) for Windows Failure
Date Wed, 10 Dec 2003 13:56:31 GMT
I seem to be having some issues building Apache2 for Windows.  More
specifically, it looks like when it tries to compile zlib it bombs out.
:(

I'm still sort of new at this, so please bear with me if I'm missing
anything.

I am using the same instructions
(http://www.devside.net/web/server/win32/apache-ssl-zlib) that the other
person noted a few days ago on this list.  I've used this one since
2.0.47, and was able to build it just fine.  However when I tried
2.0.48, and an updated zlib source (v 1.2.1), the compiler gives me this
error:

NMAKE : fatal error U1073: don't know how to make
'"..\..\srclib\zlib\infblock.h"'

It doesn't appear that "srclib\zlib\infblock.h" even exists.

I'm assuming that building with zlib-1.2.1 is now a bad idea, and that I
should stick with 1.1.4 (as both the devside and Apache documentation
has noted as being tested to compile correctly).  Would this be correct,
or am I missing something?

Attached is the buildlog.htm from the httpd-2.0.48 source root
directory.  My environment is a Windows 2000 Pro box with Microsoft
Visual Studio .NET, and I'm trying to build from the GUI.  I have tried
from the console with similar results.

Any insight would be appreciated.  :)

--
Ricky Boone <whiplash@planetfurry.com>