httpd-users mailing list archives

From tom <landslid...@comcast.net>
Subject [users@httpd] Can't get suexec to work with apache 2
Date Mon, 08 Dec 2003 22:34:47 GMT
I've attempted to compile httpd-2.0.48 with suexec support with the
following options:

./configure --enable-suexec --with-suexec-userdir=www
--with-suexec-docroot=/www
--with-suexec_logfile=/usr/local/apache2/suexec_log
--with-suexec_caller=www --enable-so

I've created a directory /www, which will contain subdirectories with
each users name, and then created a symlink: /home/username/www ->
/www/username. The scripts are executed from /www/username/cgi-bin
(pointed to by the ScriptAlias in the config file0. In fact, just for
testing purposes, I've even tried eliminating the symlink and putting
everything directly into the /home/username directory (as it would be
normally), but the results are the same.

The User in the configuration file is set to www
The UserDir in the configuration file is set to www
The DocumentRoot in the configuration file is set to /www

When I start apache, the error_log says that suexec has been enabled,but
when I execute a php script (owned by the user, set to mode 755) that
returns the name of the user, I always get www (the user under which
httpd is running), rather than the name of the user executing the
script.

What's particularly odd is that there is no suexec_log, whether or not
it is specified in the configuration.

I'm at a loss here. Anyone with any tips on what I might to do get this
working will be appreciated.

Thanks.

Tom