httpd-users mailing list archives

From hunter <theanti...@sympatico.ca>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] HTdoc root problem
Date Fri, 05 Dec 2003 05:27:08 GMT
On Thu, 2003-12-04 at 21:15, Cian sweeney wrote:
> I am running the server on win xp home ed. I want to have just a small
> personal website hosted, and I put the root directory in the htdocs
> folder. When I test by going to 127.0.0.1, it shows an ftp like menu,
> and you have to click on index.html to acces the website. All help
> appreciated.

Cian,

Have you modified the httpd.conf?

Make certain of the case and spelling of 'index.html' - it must be the
same as it is defined in the httpd.conf.

	DirectoryIndex index.html index.html.var

You can add index.htm to the list if that is what you called your index.

Be certain that you have not saved the file as unicode - the file must
be ASCII text only.

-hunter