httpd-users mailing list archives

From hunter <theanti...@sympatico.ca>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] repost the weird problem ---apache test fail
Date Thu, 04 Dec 2003 14:32:41 GMT
On Thu, 2003-12-04 at 04:02, #LIU HAIFENG# wrote:
> Anyone can help?  I still got no answer to the problem.
>
> ________________________________

and stop, but I just failed to see the page http://localhost/ and http://127.0.0.1.  I didn't
change any configuration in httpd.conf.   I checked the archive and found that this is the
same problem Olaf has encounterd (but I cannot find the answer).  I tried "telnet localhost
80" and it just jumped into a black screen.

> Would appreciate your any help, thanks a lot!
>
> Regards
> Haifeng Liu

When you telnet to localhost:80 did you try doing some http commands?

GET / HTTP/1.0
+ 2 CR'S

The black screen suggest you probably got a connection but it is waiting
for a request, perhaps.

-chris