httpd-users mailing list archives

From Gordon Low <glow2...@bigpond.net.au>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] How to preview virtual domains from IP number?
Date Mon, 01 Dec 2003 13:03:43 GMT
I am no expert with Apache but the way I interpret your question,
problem is that IP address always sees the first name and you want to
copy  subsequent sites and test them before you set all the httpd.conf
file.

Suggestion is to make a directory in the main nameserver like
your.domain.com/one and put a simple html file which will redirect to
the proper directory in the tree say "../newdomain/html/". Test all the
new files which will of course have to be relatively linked within the
tree, once you are sure it is ok the next entry in httpd.conf will be
for your new name based virtual domain. This way you are separating
testing of the web site as opposed to testing the routing to the web
site.