httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Robert Andersson" <rob...@profundis.nu>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Please help me with this error document directive
Date Sun, 14 Dec 2003 19:48:18 GMT
Jon Block wrote:
>  RewriteEngine On #turns on mod_rewrite

Not sure if you are really using that, but you cannot have comments like
that; they must be on their own line.

>  RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-s

Hmm...  I suggested the -f flag, how come you use -s? For performance
reasons, I think it is better to have this condition after the URI matching.

> I am directed to my "cfm" page. That is *bad* because the shtml file
> is actually sitting in the filesystem.

This seem to be a problem with the the !-f (or your !-s) condition. I am not
very surprised, but if you could provide us with the rewrite log when you do
a request like this and also the *exact* rewrite directives used, it would
be much easier to tell how to fix it. See:
    http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.0/mod/mod_rewrite.html#rewritelog

Regards,
Robert Andersson