httpd-users mailing list archives

From Joe Apache <apa...@productivitymedia.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Apache2 w/ SSL and mod_vhost_alias, can this be done?
Date Sat, 20 Dec 2003 06:37:59 GMT

>> I'm using Apache2 with it's SSL usage.  I am using mod_vhost_alias for
>> dynamic virtual hosts.  However, I need to setup virtual hosts with
>> SSL
>> setup.
>
> Name-based virtual hosts and SSL don't mix.  It's a fundamental
> limitation.  Each SSL vhost must be on a unique ip:port combination.

Correct.... use port based vhosts ... example

<192.168.1.1:446>
<192.168.1.1:447>

Don't forget to pass the ports in your firewall... assuming you using
one... and provide a:

Listen 446
Listen 447

in your conf files.

Also, check out the Apache documentation and do a google.  All the info
you will ever need is easily found.  Lastly, include 'sample'
configuration vhost files.... We can spot and problems that way also.